Due to the continued lock-down as announced by the British Government, Bay Vet Group, under advice from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and British Veterinary Association will now be able to perform some routine work as well as the urgent and emergency service already in place at our branches.
Primary vaccinations of cats, dogs and rabbits are now allowed. Annual vaccinations for rabbits and dogs are now allowed. Adult cat vaccinations can be done when 14 months has elapsed since their last booster. Neutering where incest is possible or in multi-pet households can now be performed. These will be performed at our Torquay and Teignmouth surgeries to maintain separate teams. BOOK ONLINE or call
We will still be maintaining social distance and owners will not be allowed in the building. We will continue to consult via phone and video and if we deem it a requirement to see your pet we will arrange to be seen at either or Dawlish or Paignton branches.
We will continue to offer courier delivery of all repeat medications or they can be collected by prior arrangement. These changes are to protect the health and well-being of our team and clients. These measures are to help improve social distance and reduce the chance of viral spread. We request you respect these rules so that we can stay healthy and continue to be able to treat your pets if required.
Please see below the changes that have been put in place
- All appointments will initially be done by phone
- If your pet needs to be seen then:
- 1 person to attend an appointment where possible
- Arrive 2 minutes before your appointment and please wait in your car.
- If you have any symptoms, please DO NOT come to the surgery.
- If you have any symptoms, and you have an emergency. Please telephone the practice and they will advise you regarding the procedure to follow
- We are no longer allowing owner’s into the building please wait in the car. Phone us when you arrive.
- The vet will speak to you via phone or outside. Please keep a distance of at least 2 metres between yourself and our staff.
- We will then take your animal in for treatment and return them to you.
- Repeat prescriptions need to be ordered over the telephone and paid for before we can deliver. Please allow a minimum of 72 hours.
- Please can you telephone the practice instead of just popping in
- Vaccinations are now permitted.
HOUSE VISITS – with new government advice on isolation and social distancing we will no longer be able to enter homes. If you cannot get to the surgery we may be able to make provision to come and collect your animal for treatment and then return them to you. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but we are acting on current health policy to keep you and us as safe as possible.
Staff may be wearing gloves and visors, please do not be alarmed or offended. This is a precautionary measure to protect everyone.
We would like to take this opportunity and thank you for your patience and understanding.
Bay Vet Group