VacanciesJoin our team of great nurses, receptionists and vets
Full or part-time
Due to business development, Bay Vet Group are looking for an enthusiastic vet to join our team
Our 16 vet team, including certificate holders in Ophthalmology, Cardiology, Small Animal Surgery, Dermatology and Dentistry, plus up to date equipment including CT scanner, full dental suite and lab means that we can provide our clients with comprehensive care.
Opportunities available for a full or part time position.
CPD encouraged as we are very keen for staff to develop themselves to their maximum potential. Certificate enrolment encouraged and funded. We offer generous CPD budgets with vets this year going to NAVC in Florida, BSAVA, LVS, Barcelona and Luxembourg. Business ownership is also an option in the future for the right candidate.
Ideally you would have completed at least 1 year in practice but as a Vetsure accredited Graduate Friendly practice we can support you to develop into a great vet.
Salary commensurate with experience, accommodation may be available.
Selected candidates will be contacted for first stage telephone interviews within seven days of application.
New Graduate Veterinary Surgeon
To join our New Graduate Programme
• We are looking for a recently qualified vet who is looking to develop their primary skills in a supported environment.
•You will be enthusiastic, keen to learn and ready to become part of the Bay Vet Group family of friendly, fun loving people.
• We are a Vetsure New Graduate Friendly accredited independent small animal practice. We are an expanding, independent, 16 Vet multi branch practice based on the South Devon coast with a busy and varied caseload in first opinion practice with some referral work. We are very well equipped with CT, Digital radiography, full IDEXX suite of laboratory analysers, new ultrasonography equipment including Doppler, dedicated operating theatres, two dedicated dental theatres. Our main branch in Dawlish has just been fully refurbished with new operating theatres, prep room, separated dog and cat wards and walk in kennels for larger dogs. Our senior clinicians are used to mentoring new graduates having run the program for 6 years. We have been awarded our RCVS accreditation through the practice standard scheme, achieving core standards across the group and general practice at our 2 main sites.
• Your working week will be broken down so that you will spend some days or half days on regular consultations and minor procedures, and some time being shadowed/ shadowing a senior clinician to allow you to develop your skills. You will spend a month at a time in each branch to develop case continuity and gain experience in different areas.
• This position is for two year’s duration although there may be the option to extend the contract or join the full time team. However, it’s not all work! Our branches are all within a mile of the sea, with excellent opportunities for water sports from surfing to sailing. Dartmoor is only a short drive away with all the outdoor pursuits it offers. The beautiful cathedral city of Exeter is only 20 minutes away and there are great transport links close by.
• This is a 2 year contracted, full time position of 40 hours a week. There is no night on-call but we do care for our own in-patients. These duties are shared between the team and equates to approximately a 1 in 6 rota. Senior clinicians are always available for support as second on call. There will be an induction process which will allow you to familiarise yourself with our friendly staff and the equipment and building.
• One full day off per week
• 6 weeks including bank holidays
• Annual budget £750
• RCVS and VDS Subscriptions paid by the practice
• Mentoring through the Graduate Development Phase (GDP)
• As per government guidelines, Statutory Sick Pay
• You are responsible for providing your own vehicle and ensuring it is insured for business work.
• Business mileage is paid at 45p/mile
• Available as part of the position
We are offering an excellent tax efficient £75000 starting package over two years
Application deadline 31/07/21
For more information or to apply please contact Amy Hutchins by email : [email protected]